Some of my Favorite Web Sites — mostly mathematical
- DESMOS : Super grapher for calculus
- MacTutor History of Math & Famous Curve Index (The BEST !!!): Curves, mathematician birthdays, history
- Contemporary Calculus Text : Chapters 0–4
- Contemporary Calculus Text : Chapters 5–14
- Exploring Multivariable Calculus -- great 3D graphers: by Paul Seeburger
- 2D, 3D and ODE graphers: by David Lippman
- Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics (MathWorldTM) : The web's most complete mathematical resource, assembled over more than a decade by internet encyclopedist Eric W. Weisstein with assistance from the mathematics and internet communities.
Some Mathematical Biographies : From Bellevue College
- First known uses of some Math Words
- First known uses of some Math Symbols
- Mathematical Glossary: Glossary of mathematical terms
- Mathematical Terminology for Calculus
- Wolfram Alpha — great online symbolic calculator (even Calculus and DE and ...)
- Math Quotation Server : Quotations by mathematicians about mathematics and life
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians : From Agnes Scott College
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians : From Association for Women in Mathematics
- Modern History of Blacks in Mathematics : From SUNY at Buffalo
- Mathematical Association of America
- American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges
- Search Pi Page: Is your birthday in PI? Search the first 100 Million digits of Pi to find that or any other string of digits.
- Search Pi Page: Is your name in PI? Search the first 4 Billion binary digits of Pi to find that or any other 10 character string.
- Number Empire : A collection of math tools
- Math in the Movies Page : More than Beautiful Mind and Good Will Hunting, this page rates the mathematics and the films themselves for more than 30 movies.
- Abstract Sculptures (involving mathematics): A collection of pointers to the works of several abstract sculptors. Helaman Ferguson is the best known, but they all have interesting works.
- Math Awareness Month 2003: Math & Art
- The Mandelbrot Explorer: Explore and magnify any part of the Mandelbrot set
- Strange Wheels : What kind of a ride will you get with square wheels?
- Acme Klein Bottles :Need a Klein bottle? This is the place.
- Elliptical Billiard Tables : Nice animations of the behavior of a ball on an elliptical billiard table – passing through a focus, passing between the foci, and passing “outside” the foci.
Polygonal Billiard Tables : Really nice applet to find the trajectory on a polygonal table. You can select the polygon and the starting path.
- Maple Home Page :
- Maple Application Center :
- Some Calculus Demos : Check out the conic section constructions, sweet infinite series, and visualizing volumes
- Voting : Expected Utility model — pivot probability calculations.
- Digital Michelangelo Project : Download a "fly around" of David. And much more.
- Level Set Methods (Sethian at UC Berkeley) :
- Anagrams : Dale T Hoffman = FDA Math Felon = Fond math flea = offhand male. What does your name equal?
- DPGraph : "Dynamic Photorealistic 3D Graphing Software for Math and Physics visualization." Beautiful 3D animations and the software is only $10. (But not for the Mac.)
- VoroGlide download : Voronoi diagram generator
Bellevue College Homepage|